Welcome to Gwennroz
Gite holiday rental Brittany and
Bed & Breakfast holiday Brittany
Le Pouldu, Finistere on the coast of southern Brittany
voir aussi notre site web en francais
Four pretty garden studios (gites) for holiday rental plus
three beautiful bed & breakfast rooms.
Ideal for couples or a group of friends for a golfing holiday, walking holiday, exploring or simply relaxing.
For your holiday in Le Pouldu, in the Finistere, on the coast of southern brittany
studio gite holiday rental or bed & breakfast (chambres d'hotes)
- 2Km from the pretty beaches and port of Le Pouldu
- 1Km to the River Laita and the rambling routes of the
- Grande Randonnee GR34 that follow this magnificent river and the coastal paths. (Visit www.rando-quimperle-terreoceane.com for walking and cycling circuits in this beautiful part of southern brittany. )
aerial photos Alexandre Braun
The wooded inlet of the Laita
- unforgettable moments
- tides rise and fall, covering and uncovering the little islands along the river bed and where the
- sea birds flirt with the birds of the river and forest
- walk or canoe to the rhythm of the River Laita
- the historical site of the ancient abbey and the forest of Saint Maurice which covers 120 hectares including
- the magnificent forest of Carnoet.
-the artists path of Le Pouldu
- follow the path of the famous painters, such as Paul Gauguin
- discover copies of some of their works of art
- look up and you will see the view and realise you are very close to the spot where the artist sat and painted the very picture.
For those of you looking for a sporty brittany holiday you will find
- kayaks (sea and river),
- surf boards, paddle boards and windsurfers for hire (Guidel),
- walking & cycling routes,(www.rando-quimperle-terreoceane.com)
- sea and shore fishing
- horse riding - the farm of Cotonard, just down the road from Gwennroz, offers horse riding and pony & trap rides. A wonderful way to discover the countryside, the forest and coastal scenery.
Le Val Queven and Ploemeur Ocean are just over 20 minutes drive and are just two of the many Blue Green golf courses in this part of Southern Brittany. See our Golf Page for more details of the courses and the golf breaks we offer at Gwennroz.
You can also visit
- the traditional villages and towns in the region - for example
- Pont Aven with its little shops, art galleries, restaurants and the new Museum of art.
- Concarneau with it's walled town,
- Quimper with it's Musée des beaux arts and pottery
- Quimperlé with it's cobbled streets,
- Le Faouet and the chapel of St. Barbe.
- Explore inland, visit the
- Domaine de Treverez with its wonderful grounds, water features and view the renovation works to restore this beautiful house to its former glory.
- Enjoy the beaches and water sports in the area;
- discover the culture of this extraordinary region such as the
- Inter Celtique Festival at Lorient in August.
- There are lots of other distractions -
- markets, local Breton festivals and pardons,
- Maison musee du Pouldu where Gauguin and his friends lived,
- Manoir de Kernault,
- Cité de la Voile dedicated to the famous French sailor, Eric Tabarly,
- Quinquis animal park, and much more ..
- Nearest towns - Le Pouldu, Clohars-Carnoet, Doelan, Moelan sur mer, Riec sur Belon, Pont Aven, Quimperlé, Concarneau, Quimper, Guidel, Lorient ....
- Whether you have chosen a gite holiday rental or bed & breakfast accommodation for your brittany holiday, you will be spoilt for choice with the creperies and restaurants in the countryside, at the ports and in the towns. For example,
At Croas an ter opposite our garden gate
La Memoire et La Mer, Creperie and Bar. A warm welcome awaits you from Yann, plus delicious Crepes, salads, omelettes, ice cream sundaes, Breton beers & cider, wines, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, soft drinks, aperitifs and spirits.
In the forest on the edge of the River Laita,
- La Creperie St Maurice, where you will find a generous choice of traditional crepes, teas, beers and ciders. A good spot to aim for when you are walking or canoeing along the inlet.
At the Port of Le Pouldu, overlooking the estuary
- The Hotel-Restaurant of Le Pouldu (open 1 April-30 September) is a truly traditional seaside restaurant, owned by the same family for over a century and its excellent reputation is merited. Seafood platters, oysters, mussels, crabs and menus. Overlooking the little port of Le Pouldu so you can eat and watch the activities on the river and sea as you do so.
Le Pouldu near the beach
L'Escale Gourmande. Good choice of pizzas, salads, meat and fish dishes. Good quality/price and service
La Pigoulliere at the beach of Kerou. Excellent quality/price, particularly the generous lunchtime menu.
- La Coulée Douce. Pretty setting. Recommended for excellent quality, service and Choice of menus selected from a la carte menu.
"Great room, great location, great breakfasts + great hosts!"
Peter & Joy